Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Foolish Heart


So I have to admit that there’s just something about Susan May Warren’s novels that make me spend insane amounts of time reading. I swear, every single time that I pick up one of her books, I finish reading it within a span of 24 hours. And the only reason it takes me that long is because there’s cumbersome things like sleep and work that prevent me from reading it all in one session. Sigh… life is so tough! ;)
But in all seriousness, she is SUCH an amazing author. There’s just something about her characters that makes it impossible to resist them. I mean, how could you not fall in love with the Noble siblings, or PJ Sugar, or the residents of Deep Haven? Oh my goodness- especially the cast of characters in Warren’s newest Deep Haven novel, My Foolish Heart.
I also have to confess that when I found out that there would be more Deep Haven novels (besides the three that she wrote a few years back), I kind of freaked. In fact- I might have screamed (it was a happy scream), I might have babbled on and on to my Mom about how happy I was, and I might have even done a happy dance. Yeah- THAT’S how good her books are! Sigh… if only she’d do more PJ Sugar novels *hint hint*!
Now, if you’ve never read any of Warren’s novels… I would suggest that you go out and immediately do so! The previous three books in the Deep Haven series- Happily Ever After, Tying the Knot, and The Perfect Match, would probably be a good place to start, but if you feel like skipping straight to My Foolish Heart, you would have no problem understanding the story, even though it was fun to see characters from the previous novels pop up every now and then.
My Foolish Heart centers on the lives of Isadora Presley and Caleb Knight. Issy is a young woman who is so crippled by panic attacks that she is trapped within her neighborhood. Unbeknownst to her small community, she hosts a radio talk show from her home, where she gives romance advice, even though she herself has never been on a single date. And while she’s always reminding her listeners that their perfect love might just be next door, she knows that isn’t possibly true for her, especially when the towns handsome new football coach moves in next door.
Caleb Knight has recently returned home to the states after a tour of duty in Iraq, in which he paid highly. Now all he wants to do is move on with his life, so he hides his disability and tries to make a new life for himself in the town of Deep Haven.
But will things be able to remain the same when Issy and Caleb meet? Or will both of their lives be changed drastically? Well, you’ll just have to read it to find out. :) I guarantee you though that you will love this book. In fact, it’s my new favorite out of all of Warren’s books. I just could not put it down! I was laughing, and crying and smiling all the way through!!!!! So please please please, go out and read this book… and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment