Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Just a little book review...

Well... I know that this is technically a food blog, but anyone who knows me, knows that I LOVE to read. Especially Christian historical fiction. My Mom tells me that I was born in the wrong era, and seriously... if there were such things as time machines and I could travel back in time, that would really be pure bliss. But I have to say, that the one upside of living in THIS era, is that I get to read about all those times past (and well, reading a book is in a way like going back in time.) So, all of this leads up to the fact that I think it's about time that I start posting some book reviews on here, as well as my recipes (which I've been sadly remiss on). So... I think that I should start with the book I finished last night.  Because well, it was REALLY REALLY good!
The book is titled "Waterfall" and is the first book in Lisa T. Bergren's 'River of Time Series'. It's a young adult book, but I believe that readers of all ages would enjoy reading it. The story is about an American teenager, Gabriella Betarrini, who has spent the majority of her summers in Italy, with her younger sister, Lia, and her archeologist parents. This summer they're in rural Tuscany, amidst a new archeological site, filled with crumbling castles and old burial tombs. The two girls, bored out of their minds, decide to do a little exploring, never imaging that this will land them in fourteenth-century Italy...
I literally could NOT put this book down. It grabbed me from the beginning and would not let me go. I was instantly swept into the world of knights and Lords and Ladies, of beautiful dresses, sword fights, adventure, and intrigue. And of course, romance. For what young lady wouldn't fall in love with a smoldering, medieval Italian man? (Sigh....) I don't want to give the whole story away, but needless to say, I can assure you that you will love every page of this book. So enjoy, and if you read it, please let me know what you think of it. I, for one, cannot wait to read the next book!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Krista! I'm so honored that my book motivated you to write your very first book review! CASCADE (book 2) is just about 20 days away...releases June 1, so you can soon resume the adventure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to read it as well! I am needing so more reading material. Want to help me find some more tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should read it Mary- it's really good. And I think that the book list I just gave you should last for quite awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete