Saturday, April 9, 2011

Egg-in-the-hole

I was flipping through a recipe book the other day... and stumbled upon a recipe for egg-in-the-hole. I'd never even heard of it before, so I thought that I should probably try it... after all, it did look good. And yes... it was good! It's the perfect mixture of crispy bread and fried egg. Yum! And it is really easy to make!

So all you have to do is:

1. Melt 1 Tbsp. butter in a skillet on medium heat.
2. Using a biscuit cutter... or anything round... make a hole in the bread.
3. When the butter is completely melted place the bread in the skillet. Swirl it around in the butter, and then let it sit for about 20-30 seconds.
4. Crack the egg in the hole, and season with salt and pepper... or whatever you like to season your eggs with (I like pepper and Dash seasoning).
5. When the egg is set on the bottom, flip over the bread and continue cooking until the egg is at your desired consistency.
6. Enjoy! :)



P.S. Other names for egg-in-the-hole are:
toad in a hole, cowboy eggs, moon eggs, sunshine toast, magic egg & bull's eyes eggs.

2 comments:

  1. I love egg-in-the-whole!!!!! My cousins eat them with ketchup and mustard. I like to butter my bread and cut it with a glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ick! Ketchup and mustard? Well... we both know I'm not huge fans of either one of those... so I think I'll eat it just the way it is!

    ReplyDelete