Sunday, January 30, 2011

California Pizza

Well... I figured that after chocolate truffles I should do a "healthier" recipe. Yes yes- I know it's pizza... but it DOES have nice healthy toppings... and of course you could always make it with whole wheat dough.
So just to warn you... this is going to be another one of those recipes without measurements. But I tend to think that you just can't go wrong with pizza, and besides... this is just about the easiest recipe ever! Luckily for you I AM going to give you a list of ingredients. So here it goes:

Pizza dough (for one pizza)
Cheddar cheese
Olives (optional)
Bacon (optional- but highly recommended)
Sour Cream
Alfalfa Sprouts
1 Avocado

Okay- so here's what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Grease the pizza pan and then spread the dough out. (I like a little bit of a thicker crust- but that's just me).
3. Top with crumbled bacon, olives and cheddar cheese (I like to make it nice and cheesy).
4. Stick in oven and cook until cheese is melted and dough is nicely browned.
5. Take out of oven and let cool for a few minutes.
6. Top with alfalfa sprouts, spread sour cream over the sprouts, and top with avocado.
7. Lastly- ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment